- Mrs O supported us with 1 ticket
- Mr B supported us with 5 tickets
- Ms B supported us with 1 ticket
- Mrs B supported us with 1 ticket
- Ms H supported us with 1 ticket
- Mr H supported us with 2 tickets
1d 18h 26m
08 May 2021
- Winner! Mrs D (TELFORD) Won £250.00!
- Winner! Ms B (TELFORD) Won £250.00!
- Winner! Mrs W (TELFORD) Won £25.00!
- Winner! Mrs M (TELFORD) Won £25.00!
- Winner! Mrs D (TELFORD) Won £25.00!
- Winner! Mr S (TELFORD) Won £25.00!
- Winner! Mr J (SHREWSBURY) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mrs R (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mr N (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mr H (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mrs G (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Miss H (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mx W (COVENTRY) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Miss F (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Miss R (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Ms H (MARKET DRAYTON) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mrs Y (NEWPORT) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mrs H (BRIDGNORTH) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Ms H (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
- Winner! Mrs J (TELFORD) Won 3 extra tickets!
I'm very happy to report that we restarted work at Wappenshall and all our other work sites including Shrewsbury, Newport and Norbury Junction. As well as helping with Twincl tickets, if anyone would like to get involved with volunteering please let me know. Any enquiries can be sent to me at [email protected] Thank you for your interest.
When covid permits we are at Wappenshall on Fridays and Saturdays 10 am until 4pm.
Shrewsbury and Newport Canals Trust, winners of the prestigious QAVS (Queens Award for Voluntary Service) aims to restore the historic canal site at Wappenshall Junction in Telford.
We need your help to restore a Grade II listed warehouse and return the canal basin to water. The support of the public and our members using Twincl has been truly wonderful, we can't thank you enough. If you haven't already got your tickets there is no time like the present.
Work is going on at a great pace, thanks to our incredible volunteers. The excavation of the East basin has taken place and work has started on the banks and the base of the canal so that rewatering can take place in 2021. If you would like help out with this we are always very happy to accept new volunteers to join our teams.
We have installed new 'Hotels' for both Bats and Owls in the 3 storey warehouse
This is just the first phase on this site. Future phases will include the restoration of a 3 storey 'transhipment' warehouse and the creation of a 'rolling' museum dedicated to the man our great town is named after Thomas Telford. Want to see more?
Take a virtual tour at:
So much has already been achieved with the money raised for us by you all. It is vital now that we continue to grow so that the incredible work can continue. Check our Facebook page for the latest news, I'm sure you will be impressed.
By joining TWINCL you will be helping us to provide both a cafe and meeting rooms available for the use of local people and businesses in this beautiful, tranquil and historic location.
There are further worksites at Berwick Tunnel near Shrewsbury, Newport and Norbury Junction. All of which would be happy to hear from new volunteers.
Visit our website at www.snct.co.uk also check our pages on Facebook which have some great photos of the work currently being undertaken.
We have been gifted 2 historic 1936 narrowboats, Bainton and Berkhampstead. They are currently at Norbury Junction where restoration work is being undertaken. It is proposed that they will be utilised as Historic exhibits and classrooms in the basin at Wappenshall. Plus as potential roving exhibits for the Trust.
Ultimately our aim is the restoration of 24.75 miles of the two canals joining Norbury Junction on the Shropshire Union canal to Shrewsbury via Newport and Telford providing all the health benefits associated with canals and the great outdoors.
Thank you so much for your highly valued support and good luck in the lottery. Our supporters have already won over £4200's. Why not join them, you could be the one to win £25,000.
Help us share our cause on social media
How the lottery works
£1 per ticket
That's right, unlike many other lotteries, our lottery tickets are only £1 per week.
60% to causes
50% to your chosen cause and 10% to other causes in Telford and Wrekin.
£25,000 grand prize
Match all 6 numbers and you win the JACKPOT!
🍐 WIN the PEAR-fect prize this summer! 🥕
Beat the supermarket queues! Enter before the 26th June for your chance to WIN 1 of 3 tasty national prizes. As well as weekly cash prizes, you could win 12 monthly fruit & veg boxes delivered to your door from Boxxfresh – a super friendly, family ran UK business.